Monday, December 13, 2010

Las Vegas synopsis

1. Leave work Friday, fly to Las Vegas
2. Get to hotel - get upgraded to a suite - hooray
3. Grab some burgers an plan to gamble
4. Finish burgers and realize we're about to crash - head to bed
5. Mr. D wakes up at 7 to play poker
6. Go down to play video poker - I'm a winner, Mr. D finishes - he's a big winner!
7. See guy Mr. D won most of his money from; he looks and sounds pissed, but it is slightly comical, as he is wearing a teeny fedora hat.
8. We take our winnings for a walk in the out of doors before lunch
9. Lunch at rm seafood. Food is good, service is bad (when we got our oysters, there wasn't a spoon for the sauces, when asked for, the guy bring two forks and little plates, so we wait again while they go to get a spoon, then we realize they brought 1 each of 6 kinds instead of 2 each of 3 kinds). It's hard to like a seafood restaurant that can't figure out how to serve oysters, but the rest of the meal was amazing - I had a crazy-good tuna melt
10. We go up to the room to get ready to go to our massage appointments, b/c Mr. D wants to go to the gym first, me not so much. Unfortunately, he got an email from work so had to run around to find a printer that worked.
11. Massage was good, but afterwards I got confused. Not that I wanted to be nakie, but the reviews said that that's how the pools were here, so I didn't take my swimsuit downstairs. I walked into the pool room (in my robe), and all the women in the pools had on swimsuits. Hmm. I grabbed a magazine and chilled on the lounge chairs, not wanting to be an exhibitionist. Finally two ladies came out and hopped in to the pool, nakies. After they hopped out, I hopped into the hot pool. It definitely felt weird, but it's not like anyone was watching. Unlike if the topless pool at the hotel, where the hotel charges you money to see topless ladies (if it had been open, I wouldn't have gone topless)

Anyway, this is getting rather long, so we'll have to do a two-parter.

I'd like to see how other people deal with the nakie/no-nakie at the spa.

No comments: