Friday, May 1, 2009

I AM a grown-up

I really am, and while I'll bet back to posting about the Napa trip soon (note: anyone who knows me knows that I tell stories terribly, so it is no surprise that underwear should come up in the middle of a story about our vacation), I thought I should share that I finally have what my husband thinks are "appropriate" underwear, they should probably actually be called the "p word." I don't like saying it, and it makes me want to giggle when I hear it. Anyway, for the past, let's say 5 years, I've been a fan of the VS Pink line, and worn only a specific style of their underwear, unless I needed for something to not show under a dress/skirt. Needless to say, sometimes they look silly - the patterns are clearly made for people in high school/college, and I have not been in either of those for a long time, but they are comfy (though not granny-ish-- TMI warning - I don't wear a thong maybe twice a month). For whatever reason, I think that my choice in underwear really bothered (and I don't mean that it was keeping him up at night, but it certainly has been mentioned several times, casually).
Then, we were in San Francisco (oh, wait, I did tie it into the trip) Mark wanted to go to this one men's store (more later), but even though it was open, the doors were locked, so he wanted to kill some time, so we went across the way to Victoria's Secret (note 1: yes the people in the other store clearly saw us go in there to kill time and saw us come out, which I thought was weird; note 2: there is no way M would have gone into VS with or without me unless he was in desperate need of medical attention and they had the only emergency phone). We walked around and I stopped at a "panty" (see, you giggled) table, and he immediately teased me about my current selection of undergarments.
Anyway, a couple of weeks or so ago VS was having one of their "sales" online, so I went ahead and bought a whole stack of new undergarments, which means that I will have to donate my old ones to goodwill (not really, I would never do that, but when we were little, we had a neighbor who brought some hand-me-downs over to our house and there were underwear in the bag - so weird!!). I didn't replace all of the underwear, a) I have a lot of pairs and b) it is a recession, which means that I may not have all grown-up lady underwear, but at least I've increased the average age of the drawer. :)

1 comment:

Skywalker said...

VS Pink isnt that bad but VS does have nice "grown" up pairs that don't show...I too noticed that my husband refused to go into a VS store by virtue of it was "creepy".

I say don't worry, slowly get into changing out your collection. Oh and while VS is known for its stuff, try Gap Body - they have good stuff too.