Thursday, May 7, 2009

Star Struck!

Today, I got to talk to Dennis Leary! To clarify, he lives in the building where I work, and no I won’t tell you where, because we are now BFF and that would betray his trust (ha!). We are not nearly BFF, as a matter of fact, I tried not to say anything, because we are convinced that he thinks everyone in our office is crazy and stalking him (though – is it our fault that his driver parks right outside our office and DL (see, BFF nicknames) walks right in front of our windows every time he leaves. It is a bit much that one of us (not me, really) waves at him every time - and that I may help that person by pointing out when he leaves the building.

Anywho, I saw him in the lobby as I was headed upstairs to take care of a few things (we have an office upstairs and down), so I held the elevator as he was coming up (there's construction this week, so they are particularly slow). I felt a little embarrassed, due to attention our office give him in general, so I tried to play it cool. You know, the "you're just another guy in the building, so it would be weird to speak in the elevator, so I'm going to look at the papers in my file folder" bit. Then he spoke to me.

DL: "It smells nice in here."
me: "Yes, I was just telling C (the doorman) that it smells lemony - he must have just cleaned it"
DL: "Yes, it smells like fake lemons"
me: "yes"

All in all, a very deep and memorable conversation, well, maybe not, but at least I was not a total blithering idiot, which is an accomplishment
in itself.

2 comments:

Skywalker said...

Ahhh! Don't you love new famous friends? They are great and no won't make you betray Mr. Leary's trust. If Mario Cantone (from Sex and the City who happens to be DL's friend) shows up then all bets are off.

Very Funny Chicka - how's the mom reading your blog thing going?

A.B. said...

jealousy ensues.