Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Yeargh

Ok - so I am a bit annoyed with work today, or at least more annoyed
than most days. Despite the fact that I am leaving for vacation
tomorrow, and working on a big project (which I have been instructed
is my priority), I had to run out an do a bung of piddly errands today
in the middle of the afternoon:

1) My phone's power port died right before my trip to Houston this
weekend, so I couldn't charge it at ALL, so had to deal with not
having email all weekend. I emailed my boss and the finance/IT person
on Saturday, then thought I would have to deal with it from H-town.
Instead, no one dealt with I until today, so I had to go to the ATT
store and get it myself. Not that big of a deal, except it was at
least a mile, I wore wedges, and now I have blisters on the backs of
my heels right before our big trip.

2). I had to stop at the bank. Not usually a problem, except I went
on the way in to work, since I didn't have time yesterday. And the
bank was a block farther than the AT&T store.

3). I had to go to the stupid post office "because I was out already"
and my boss needed to send some books to her friend in South Africa.
One wrong form, a malfunctioning bar code printer an 45 minutes later
I was back on my way to the office, when one blok from my office it
starts to rain. Luckily, most of that block has scaffolding up, so I
didn't get wet.

Speaking of getting wet, we leave for Italy tomorrow - and the
forecast is rain. As my mom would say, "light a candle for us.".
We're gone for 10 days, so I may try to send some pictures by email,
but we'll have to see...

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: