Sunday, March 20, 2011

Home Cooked Birthday Dinner

Last night, for my actual b-day we went out to Jean Georges for dinner - it was delicious and amazing.

Tonight - we made braised lamb shanks with bourbon-soaked prunes, from Daniel Boulud's "Braise." Soo good. The veggies/prunes came out of the braise sauce and I made some orzo to go along with it. The meat just fell off the bones. Mr. D wanted to make the as his birthday dinner, and we both realized that as spring is coming, there will be fewer days when we can braise something without turning the apartment into an oven.
I contributed the dessert tonight - one that my friend J made one night when she and her husband came over for dinner. It's a ginger cake upside down cake with apricots on top. They may be a bit over-caramelized. If you think the pictures look better, it's partially because I took them using my new camera and partially because I used the autofix on my laptop.

No comments: