Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Still Alive

Yes, I'm not dead, just been in post holiday, getting sick, holiday party busy-ness mode. I did manage to recover from Thanksgiving, but slowly. Those of you who know me, know that I am a huge klutz and will immediately begin laughing when you hear that my husband attempted to teach me to ski. We had some gift cards to the local ski resort, so we wound up able to rent skis and get lift tickets for $20.
We started out on the bunny hill, and I had some issues getting on the chairlift, which was a little embarrassing, but I did manage to make friends with the chairlift guy. I was doing OK on the bunny hill, then M decided to coax me onto a green hill. Ski, ski, ski, faceplant. Get up, finish, go back up. Ski, ski, ski, faceplant. I protest that I want to practice on the bunny hill more. Somehow M convinces me to go back up. At that point, I decided that I didn't feel like faceplanting again, so I ski, ski, walk the hard part like a dork, ski, ski. Then M went down the bunny hill a couple more times, then we decided to go on different hills for the rest of the time.

2 comments:

Skywalker said...

Faceplant? Ouch - hope you had fun.

You've been tagged. Don't ask.

Mrs. B said...

Tag! You're it!
http://yennysworld.blogspot.com/2008/12/ive-been-tagged.html