Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Follow-Up

In follow-up to the post the day before Thanksgiving, I found a dress to wear to the wedding on Friday, then proceeded to leave it in the closet. I blame M - who didn't want to pack the garment bag with his suit and my dress. Wednesday comes around and he calls to say he's on the way, but traffic is bad, so I should bring down the luggage and the dog and he'll pick us up in a few minutes (after I've schlepped half of it downstairs). Anyway, I run back upstairs, then get the other suitcase, forgetting that he was going to put the garment bag in when he was done changing.
Traffic getting out of the city was horrendous, so we didn't get in to the in-laws until 12:30, where they were still waiting up for us (which was sweet) and wanted to chat for an hour or so (which was frustrating as I just wanted to crawl into bed after an 8-hour drive. When we woke up, we saw the gorgeous blanket of snow that was waiting for us, and the dog, who thoroughly enjoyed it. See the video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kIgFMbumBU

1 comment:

Skywalker said...

So after all that - still no dress? Man that is not fun. Hopefully you still had a good time. And your dog is cute - so determined about that snow and shovel.