Monday, October 25, 2010

One way NYC is better

This morning was another example of how NYC is better came up the morning. Last night Mr. D took the turkey breast for tonight's dinner in a brine. As I was putting together my lunch today, I asked Mr. D if I needed to do anything aside from dumping the brine out to make sure it was ready (if we had left it in, it would have been too salty).
"Just rinse it off before you put it back in the bowl."
I didn't think about the turkey again until both of us had left and I was 2 blocks away - when I realize I hadn't taken it out of the brine. Since I wasn't on the subway yet, it wasn't too hard to turn around and do it, and I was only a few minutes behind schedule. Had we been back in Austin, I would have been on Mopac in 2 minutes, well past the point of no return, before I had realized I needed to go back.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments: