Thursday, October 21, 2010

Why do I never take pictures?

Last night we went to a Rice Alumni event on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange, so I was able to catch up with some people I hadn't seen in a few months. Being on the floor of the Stock Exchange was very cool. Every once in a while, the group of us would realize we weren't talking anymore - we were busy staring at our surroundings. Very cool. I should have had someone take our picture, but one of our other friends had just had his picture taken, so I didn't want to draw the process out.

Anyway, it was a bit of a hustle to get there (small urgent matter at work had me leaving a few minutes late, then home to let the dog out, then back on the subway, so I was about 20 minutes late all said and done), and I realized I should throw on a jacket when they sent an email about a red carpet three hours before the event. Luckily no pictures were taken, it was just to show us where the security scanners were. Once we got in there was quite the spread for a Rice event, they even had a carving station. Oh, and the founder of the company that got listed, the whole reason for the event got up and made a speech. A not very fun speech. Honestly i feel bad that no one was really paying attention, but the venue is not really conducive to speech giving because there's a big trading stall in the middle of the floor in front of the podium and behind that was where they had the bar and some appetizers set up. Poor planning.

No comments: