Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday Errands

This morning we headed out for coffee and took Sasha to the dog park - which is pretty standard fare for a weekend morning. Mr. D had decided that he wanted to make duck confit, and luckily, he realized while we were out that he needed some olive oil. Trader Joe's is fairly close, and much cheaper than Whole Foods, so we went there.

To get to Trader Joe's we have to go out of Madison Square Park on the south side, and Sasha always gets confused when we do that - she always tries to go inside Home Depot, and if we don't go in there, she tries to go in Best Buy - silly dog. We finally get to Trader Joe's, but obviously we can't go in there with the dog, so I waited outside.

I was planning on making an apple pie, so I looked up the recipe on my iPhone and emailed Mr. D the apples I needed. A bit later he came out, with only one kind of apple, olive oil, pomegranates and two pieces of frozen fish - he picked those up just because they were "only $10." Silly boy - if I had done that he would have called me cheap.

Now we're back home and I'm getting ready for an impromptu baby shower, then meeting Mr. D at Hill Country for a UT watch party catered by the Law Alumni group - whoo hoo! Then I have the apartment all to myself tonight while Mr. D goes to a men-only dinner party at R&J's house (J is out of town). More on this later...

No comments: