Thursday, January 20, 2011

I may have a stalker

Seriously. So, as some of you may know, I am a recruiter. In my case, thy means companies pay the company I work for to find people to work for them.
A guy called in yesterday afternoon to tell us about himself, without having a specific role in mind. He was very vague about the companies he worked for and a bit goofy sounding (like a too smooth announcer voice), plus his skill set is out of date. I told him to send his resume and I would take a look.
He called back this afternoon. I told him we didn't have any open positions. That's ok - I know that we'll be working together soon. Eww that's what he said! Then - I looked up your company on the Internet and I liked what I saw - I have a real affinity for women-run businesses. Thank goodness I was laughing silently! After he hung up, I ran to my boss's office laughing so hard I was crying!
Don't worry - he promised to follow up!

No comments: