Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Annoying Husband

I realized I may gripe a lot on this blog, as another post popped in when I started typing the title for this one (so I'm making a tag for "annoying"). Mr. D is not generally annoying, well, not more than any other husband, but this is getting to me.

Mr. D is NOT a "reader:" he professed to me that he only read one book in high school - he managed to fake his way through the tests. Not that he didn't read in college, or law school - he's really fast, but always claimed that he didn't like to read books for pleasure. I always took it for a short attention span, because he reads magazine articles and blogs like crazy. Though not "silly blogs" like I do - he reads one where people spew about government policy and law firms (yawn). Luckily he does this while I am asleep. Mr. D usually can't fall asleep for at least an hour after we go to bed, so he reads on his laptop after I'm asleep. When he wakes up in the middle of the night, he wakes up his laptop and reads some more until he falls back asleep.

As Mr. D loves new gadgets, I got him an Kindle for Christmas, thinking it might make it easier for him to read, because he could read at night (with the book light) and not lose his page. My plan has backfired.

Whereas I used to be the one in the couple who read, the one who would actually sit and read a book - Mr. D is reading all the time now. Not only when he reads normally, but on the train, on the subway, and on the stationary bike at the gym. He is reading so many more books than I am - I'm reading "In Defense of Food" because he read it first! So annoying - I've created a monster!

No comments: