Wednesday, March 17, 2010

So Tired

Why am I so tired? We can attribute this to multiple reasons:

1) Work was exceedingly frustrating today. Everyone was tired, it seems, so that just made it worse, because we were testy with each other. And made me grumpy on the way home, especially when I had to watch some idiot vomiting in the subway station at 6:15 - St. Patrick's day fun!

2) Daylight savings time. I used to love it - and now I think it is stupid. My body has been under the impression that I am trying to wake up at 4:30 am every day (in the dark), so I should fall asleep at 9:00 pm. I do like that I have gotten out of work early, but then I get annoyed that I'm too tired to go to the gym because I don't want to get sick (leading to #3). My theory is that if I'm tired and go to the gym and am exposed to germs, my body won't be able to cope with all three (it makes me feel better).

3) The hubs is sick, which I could tell was happening on Saturday. His co-workers always go to work sick - silly lawyers, so this is the third time he's had a cold since the fall. Since I'm trying to make myself stay awake until at least 11:00, I stayed in the living room while he was asleep. Problem - I didn't not take my preventative NyQuil yet, so was not going to be sufficiently drugged to sleep through his snoring. Normally, I just say his name and tell him he's snoring and his subconscious self changes position and he stops, but when he's sick, he wakes up. I didn't have the heart to wake him, and I hate not being able to sleep, mostly because I just sit there getting more annoyed, so I grabbed my pillow and went and slept on the couch, which wasn't that much better of a night's sleep, but at least the snoring didn't keep me up.

No comments: