Saturday, March 20, 2010

Random thoughts, but related

Earlier this week I was talking to a friend of mine and thought of a post, but it's not very long, so I added another random thought about groceries at the end.

1) I was walking past Williams-Sonoma earlier this week, and saw their window, which says "for serious cooks." Now, I love their pans and gadgets, who doesn't immediately want one of their panini presses or metal insert slow cookers. I can even see the virtue of the donut-shaped cake pans (very cute, but living in New York means I can't make that kind of storage commitment without baking at least a dozen donut cakes, which actually seems appropriate if you could put them in a box together).

2) Oh, FreshDirect, how I usually love you - I go online and pick out my groceries and you deliver quality products (most of the time) on time (with a few exceptions). Occasionally, FD, you do screw up. This time in the form of adding an extra item to my order, which wouldn't normally bother me, but what will I do with two cases of Diet Green Tea Ginger Ale? Eww, gross.

No comments: