Saturday, July 10, 2010

Back on the Wagon...

...the exercise wagon, that is. The heat wave, along with social events, this week really cut into my "exercise" routine. Usually I try to walk to work at least 4 days a week, and if the weather is really nice, and dinner is simple, I'll walk home. Walking to work in 100-degree heat should not be attempted - walking to the subway is miserable enough; so this past week, I didn't walk to work. Most days this week, I made up excuses to not go to the gym. Monday after Fourth of July got too busy, I forget why Tuesday didn't work, Wednesday I had to make desserts for a going away party, then a going away dinner Thursday, and last night, drinks with J that turned into dinner with J&R.

Tomorrow we're off to Meatopia - the barbecue festival on Governor's Island, which should be fun, since meat is always good, especially when barbecued, and we haven't been to Governor's Island yet, which is supposed to be lovely.

No comments: