Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Christmas is Coming!

Normally, I dislike the fact that Christmas advertisements start so early, and actually, I feel like they haven't started as early as they would have without a giant recession in place. Well, not the television commercials, anyway; I have received multitudinous emails from various retailers extolling their Christmas wares.
I think the reason I am so excited about Christmas this year is that it's our "first" Christmas together. My current mission is to make/find/buy Christmas stockings for us, which is quite a mission. In my family, we used the same Christmas stockings the entire time we were growing up, and only got a new set a year or two ago, when a few fell apart due to old age. I've started looking around, and right now I love these:

My obvious concern is that in 15 or 20 years they may seem somewhat dated. The good thing is that I have plenty of time to find/make/buy some.

2 comments:

Skywalker said...

I hadn't really though about Christmas other than where to hear Mass. I'm really focusing on T-Day and where to buy a precooked/smoked bird's breast.

Pottery Barn does have good stuff -they may have a color combo you like and don't worry in 20 years, you have every right to mix it up. My mom did - she went from standard green/red/silver to pink/burgundy/gold with an African theme.

Samantha said...

That's exciting! We've used the same stockings in our family since we were little too.. I can't wait to buy new family ones :) I like the Pottery Barn ones!