Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving Plans - Men are Dumb

We're heading off this evening to drive to the wilderness of western New York, where my in-laws are located and, so far, the trip has been somewhat of a black box. For instance, I found out over the weekend that Thanksgiving day dinner will actually be at M's (the hubs) aunt and uncle's house. No big deal.
Then last night, M called his parents to let them know that we may stop halfway if we don't feel like making the entire drive (7 hours) Wednesday night. I hear him chatting with his mom, and talking about a wedding. When he gets off, I ask if his parents have a wedding to go to over the weekend. "Yeah, but we were invited too, I just kind of forgot about it," he says, as we were in the middle of packing. Of course, my thoughts turn to what I am going to wear, and he is completely useless. "I guess the women will wear dresses," which means nothing, since he's from a small town that recently hosted an episode of "My Big Fat Redneck Wedding" (may not be the actual name of the show, but you get the idea, even if you haven't seen the show). I packed as well as I could, not really having many options, but I found a gray dress that doesn't seem too inappropriate (or likely to induce freezing). Men are dumb.

1 comment:

Skywalker said...

Girl that was funny (and I'm sorry) - yes husbands can get a little dumb at times especially when it comes to things like that. Hope it goes well! Happy Thanksgiving!