Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Leaves Change Color?

OK, OK, I know that leaves change color in the fall, but it really just doesn't happen in Houston, for a few reasons.
1) Most of the trees in Houston are pine trees, which means that they don't change color - they go from green to brown, then immediately fall down.
2) We don't have autumn inn Houston, so generally leaves die all at once when the weather goes from being 70 to 30 in one day, then fall down when it rains the next day.

Imagine my delight when I was walking the dog one day and saw this explosion of color while I was entering the dog park:It was somewhat of a surprise that the leaves had turned, since it had rained all weekend and had been several days since I had been able to visit the park and, thus, see trees.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

no changing leaves here in Southern California either :( When I was in New York for Thanksgiving last year, I couldn't stop looking out the windows at all the trees! (bryan's parents live in New Jersey now, so we would drive into the city :) )