Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Plain Food, Plane Food

I have a confession to make: I actually enjoy plane food, which we still enjoy for free (for a short while longer on my favorite carrier, Continental). OK, now I know that plane food is normally gross, but I kind of look forward to the flights where we get a meal. I know that the food is microwaved, but those cheeseburgers, barbecue sandwiches, and mini-sub sandwiches are actually pretty tasty. Not to mention how nice it is to have a snack at breakfast time.

All well and good, until we get on the plane Sunday night to come back from Houston, and our meal is a turkey dog. As open-minded as I am, even this sounded unappealing. Unfortunately, I was starving, and would not be able to wait 3 more hours to eat. I peeled open the plastic wrapper and found, instead of the over-steamed white hot dog bun with a limp hot dog, a plump, near-crispy turkey dog wrapped in a crescent roll - it was actually pretty tasty! Or was I just too hungry?

No comments: