Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Best Husband Ever

My husband is the best ever. Our anniversary is this Monday (I have jury duty - boo), but we actually exchanged gifts in June, when we purchased new iPhones for each other. Last week, I reminded him that we didn't need to give each other gifts, we had our phones and we are planning to go to a nice dinner on Saturday to celebrate. Mr. D agreed. Until he "forgot" and ordered a present over the weekend.

When the package from Amazon arrived, I thought it contained some picture frames I had ordered to redo the wall behind the couch. Open the box, and ta-daaaa it was a Kitchen-Aid ice cream maker attachment!! Initially I thought my in-laws had sent us an anniversary, then I called Mr. D. and he told me I shouldn't have opened it, because it was my anniversary present. Umm, how was I supposed to know?

Anyway, this was an especially sweet gift, as I had put it on my birthday list, but wasn't lucky enough to get it. He may have also purchased it, since he watched Alton Brown make hazelnut ice cream on Good Eats (Mr. D loooooooves hazelnut, hazelnut anything). Methinks this weekend will include some making of the ice cream...

No comments: