Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Don't Try this at Home

Last week was a bit stressful (more on that later); so stressful, in fact, that I think I had the beginnings of a cold on Thursday. I really thought it was allergies, which it could have been. I started having symptoms Thursday afternoon at work, where I was a bit sniffly and sneezy. Not that big of a deal, considering most people come to work sick at my office. I think there have been maybe 3 times when people have taken a sick days in the almos-two years that I have been there.

That evening I was meeting J for drinks, so I took some of my allergy medicine. I felt better pretty quickly, but I knew that I wanted to nip a cold in the bud, before it started, so after drinks (really just one glass of wine) with J, I came home and ordered some pho (Vietnamese noodle soup). Then, right before bed, I decided to take some NyQuil and some Aleve. NOT a good idea. Too many antihistamines at once. I woke up with the worst fog/hangover ever. I didn't lose the fog until 2 pm in the afternoon!

Note to self: allergy meds or cold meds, not both

No comments: