Thursday, August 19, 2010

New Job!

Yay me. The reason last week was so stressful (really last month) was that I found a new job. Whoo hoo. The stress was because I was debating when to tell my boss, and eventually decided that, in this situation, two weeks notice would be sufficient. The stress was waiting until Friday to tell her.

Her personality is such that I did not know what would happened. I started (secretly) cleaning out my personal space (in our office, we have one drawer to use for our personal belongings, including your purse), because one of the scenarios included me having to leave right after I gave notice.

That day, I was kind of looking forward to going home, what with the wicked cold medicine hangover, and, since that was the night we were having dinner at J&R's place and J had told me I should come hang out while she was cooking, because she had the day off.

The actual act of telling my boss that I had quit was very anti-climactic. We sat down and she rather condescendingly told me that she would make it easy for me, because she like to make things easy for young women when they had something difficult to talk about. Um, what? At that point, I basically was just laughing in my head the entire time we were talking.

All in all, it worked out. I'm out and on to bigger and better things. Too be continued...

1 comment:

A.B. said...

Um, more details please. Did she send you balloons?